Saturday, January 25, 2014

One lesson learned from my Mom ~ generosity (or I should say “hope I learn!”) . . .

6275066594_510f256a0c_o

As I sit by my mom’s bedside and she’s no longer able to communicate with me, I am thinking of some of the things she has “said” over the years, in actions or words.  So I felt like sharing one.

I was looking through some of her papers and came across this ShopRite grocery store gift card.  I said to Larry, “don’t forget you have a gift card here” but then I remembered, this gift card wasn’t given to them.

IMG_2370My mom had bought several recently because she wanted to be able to give them to someone she would see shopping in ShopRite who looked like a mom with a large family, I guess a woman with a lot of groceries in her cart!  So not necessarily a homeless person or someone down on their luck, just an ordinary mom with a lot of kids who $20 might bless on their shopping trip.

Once she offered to a woman who turned out to work for a group home and they had a good laugh about that.

I love my mom’s generous, kind heart. 

3 comments:

The Reeds said...

I'm so sorry your mom is no longer able to communicate with you... What a wonderful thing to reflect on though- the gifts she's left you and who you are.

Randy Salle' said...

I sure do miss her.. It seems I think about her more and more as time goes by and yesterday being her birthday was a little bit of a reminder of just how close we were. Its as if her passing still has not "sunk in"..

Laura said...

Georgia, thank you for your kind comment. I'm just now trying to get caught up on correspondence.

Randy, I know exactly what you mean, grief can be so sneaky. She sure loved you - I do too!