Thursday, January 02, 2014

Happy New Year!

IMG_2224

Alas, I was too busy doing the macarena, manning a craft station and putting tomato sauce on grilled sausages to get very many good photos but wanted to show you a glimpse of New Year’s Eve, Zimpeto style!

IMG_2222

Superman even made an appearance!

IMG_2227

There’s always someone in a crowd who can’t stay up til midnight!

IMG_2220

Must have been the chicken dance that wore him out!

IMG_2217

And a good time was had by all!

We all know that January 1st is just another day of the year but . . . I think most of us are wired to pay attention to natural turning points, mile markers perhaps, those bends in the road that signify a change.  So while you might not make resolutions, I do pray that at the beginning of this new year, you take time to reflect on where you’ve been and dream a little of where you are going!

May God open new doors for you you never thought possible and give you the faith and courage to walk through them!

By the way – I’d love to know if anyone still makes resolutions, please share if you do!  Although I get why it’s fallen primarily by the wayside, we don’t keep them, they aren’t SMART goals, etc., it makes me kind of sad that another tradition has passed out of fashion!

Love, Laura

1 comment:

The Reeds said...

I'm a resolution maker! I like it and make goals and resolutions all year long. This year? exercise (of course..), pray consistently, learn verses weekly etc. What about you?